Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Part 2 - Like A Virgin

In Part 1, the author explained how different words have different meanings to different people. For example, the word "racist" can mean different things to different people. It all depends on how you apply the word to your life.

In Part 2, there's this guy who is in a bar in San Francisco. He's talking about how he is gay but wants to be with a girl. He says he's never made love to a woman before.

Towards the end, he and his friend Nick end up in a brothel. Nick gets one girl and the main character gets another. They both end up in seperate rooms. The main character explains how he went about his sexual escapades with Heather, how he performed oral sex and how throughout thr whole thing he was never turned on.

That story brings me to something I've heard a lot in my adult life. "People can't take the LGBTQ community seriously because people jump in and out the lifestyle." I'm on the fence with that. I agree to a certain extent because I believe that eventually, at a certain age, a person will know who and what they are attracted to. On the other hand, people will be people and everyone has the right to make choices and change their minds.

In society it is okay for a woman to be bisexual because it's almost every guys fantasy to see two women together. But as soon as the man starts to swing both ways, it's a problem. I guess there are double standards everywhere you look. I just think people should be able to be people and do whatever/whomever makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment