Friday, November 14, 2014

Writing Response #5

Race Interjecting with Sexuality 

-Race Play (Use of the N word), Plantation
-Nazi play
-Humiliation Play

This is very interesting. I know we have talked about this in class before but it still somewhat bothers me.
My question is: can race play only happen with a white and black partner? Can race play not take place with two people of the same race?

In my opinion, race play is not something I would want to participate in. I would not be too comfortable with having a white person calling me a nigger. I have never been called one in my life and I do not know how I would react if something like that were to happen.

To me, participating in race play means that we are still oppressed.

Being called a bitch or anything negative in the bedroom is something I can't even wrap my head around.

Is being dominated in the bedroom a preference??? Yes it is, very much so. Some people prefer it and are sexually aroused.

The historical contexts are very much important in this. I feel as though our people have came too far to go back and be called these very degrading things.

Black women being so strong for so long, wanting to be dominated in the bedroom. They feel as if they want someone else to take control for once. I'm not sure when and where it came about that black women had to be strong all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment